Security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with a plethora of features all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and fast action motion sensors, these additions empower you to get the most from security cameras in Kalamazoo.
How To Set Up Your Kalamazoo Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing the components in the proper areas within your living space. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic spots like the living room or family room. It’s also a great notion to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your patio, drive, front and patio, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your house that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the bedroom could hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the first step in extracting the most from home security cameras in Kalamazoo. The innovations listed below help to optimize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your phone the instant abnormal motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to start filming when activity is discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone with the device. With your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to guard single areas within your house.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date alerts when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Kalamazoo is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security rises from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (269) 224-1045 or fill out the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.