Today's home security options are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to do simple security tasks like arming your home security, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to worry about these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Kalamazoo, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Kalamazoo For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary a set distance from your house, which you are able to set up in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then tracks your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by grouping all components onto the same network. You are then able to institute a unique boundary around your property and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the boundary.
For example, shortly after you exit your property, you could set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the technologies you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home security system in Kalamazoo. When you download the security app, you are able to reap the benefits of automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain equipment engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan when the fire alarm trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system senses abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Have your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or program the system for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Kalamazoo
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (269) 224-1045 or complete the following form to get started on your ideal security system.